Work to upgrade the safety fencing on North Cross roundabout will get under way on Monday 1 June.
The corrugated beams and posts on the outside of the roundabout need to be replaced and a new section of safety fencing will be installed between the North Road East and Cobourg Street junctions.
Traffic signal poles will also be renewed and repositioned.
The work is being carried out by the Council’s highways contractor Amey and should take no longer than six weeks.
Phased traffic management will be in place during the works and will include single lane closures on the roundabout and nearside lanes on the approach roads.
Phase one (first four to five weeks)
• Closure of the bus lane at the top of Saltash Road (inbound). This will affect the bus stop nearest the roundabout, but there is an alternative outside the train station.
• Closure of right-hand lane on North Road East (as it approaches the roundabout)
• Closure of the left-hand lane on the roundabout, from North Road East to Cobourg Street. Access to North Road East and Cobourg Street will be maintained.
Phase two (final week)
• Closure of the left-hand lane on Western Approach (as it approaches the roundabout)
• Closure of the left-hand lane on the roundabout, between Western Approach and Saltash Road. Access to Saltash Road will be maintained.
Signs will be put up at the end of this week to warn motorists about the work. If you have any queries please call the Amey watchman team on 01752 668000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.