Teachers across the city are set to strike tomorrow, Thursday 10 July 2014, so we are expecting some disruption to the normal school day.
We have asked all schools to tell us whether they expect to be open, closed or partially closed. However, as teachers do not have to inform their schools whether they plan to strike, it can be tricky for schools to understand their situation in advance.
Likewise, schools are not obliged to tell us if they will be closed, but many do to help with city-wide communication and planning.
The information we have received to date tells us that the following schools will be closed or partially closed. But it’s really important to understand that this is not a definitive list – we expect it to change.
If parents are not sure whether their child’s school will be open, we strongly advise you check the school’s website or contact the school direct.
Known disruption to schools on Thursday 10 July 2014
Primary schools informing us they are closed:
- High Street Primary School
- Hyde Park Junior School
- Montpellier Primary School
- Plymbridge Children’s Centre
- Plympton St Mary’s Church of England Infant School
- Victoria Road Primary School
- Woodfield Primary School
Primary schools informing us they are partially closed:
- Thornbury Primary school – All of Foundation, one class of Year 2 and one class of Year 3
Secondary schools informing us they are closed:
- Sir John Hunt Community College