Plymouth City Council’s popular garden waste collection will begin again from next week.
The collection operates fortnightly, with the day of the week depending on the area of the city. For some residents, collections will be on a separate day from refuge or recycling collections. Residents are asked to check their garden waste collection day using the online calendar.
A calendar of when collections take place is available here.
Residents can leave out up to four garden waste bags per household, per collection. The service runs until the end of October.
The garden waste scheme collects:
• Grass cuttings
• Hedge trimmings and twigs
• Weeds, plants and twigs
• Branches up to the size of your wrist
• Old plants, cut flowers and weeds
Residents are asked to make sure that garden waste is free of:
• Stones and soil
• Japanese knotweed, ragwort and other invasive species
• Plants pots and trays
• Garden ornaments
• Vegetable & fruit peelings
• Any other non-plant material