We have reluctantly had to cancel the first day of this year’s Ocean City Blues ‘n’ Jazz Festival on Friday 9 August, due to forecast bad weather.
The main concern for us is the potential wind strength (which affects infrastructure safety) and direction (which can increase the amount of rain hitting the stage and electrical equipment).
While we understand that spectators and performers will be disappointed, public safety has to be our number one priority.
The festival is expected to go ahead as planned on Saturday and Sunday but, as with any event, we will be keeping a very close eye on forecast weather conditions over the next few days.
If we do need to make any further changes we will let everyone know as early as possible. Follow us on Twitter @plymouthcc and on Facebook for the latest updates.