A series of roadshows is taking place in Plymouth from tomorrow (Wednesday 5 April) to make people aware of planned changes to bin collections, and answer questions about recycling and waste.
From Monday 8 May, Plymouth will move to alternate weekly collections with recyclables – in the green bins – collected one week and the following week non-recyclable waste – in brown bins – will be collected. The roadshows will give people the chance to find out about the changes as well as more general hints and tips about recycling, food waste and composting.
Councillor Michael Leaves, Cabinet Member for Street Scene and the Environment for Plymouth City Council, said: “The roadshows will be on a drop-in basis at different locations around the city and are open to everyone.
“We are making changes to increase recycling rates but also run a smoother and more efficient, cost effective service for local residents. The alternate weekly collections system has already been running successfully in a number of other cities across the UK for many years.
“Please do pop along to one of the roadshows in your local area to find out more about our plans.”
The first few roadshows have been confirmed as follows:
• Wednesday 5 April: Plymstock Broadway Shopping Centre 9.30am to 12pm
• Thursday 6 April: Aldi store Stonehouse 9.30am to12pm
• Thursday 6 April: Aldi store in Mutley 1pm to 4pm
• Friday 7 April: Plympton Ridgeway Shopping Centre 9.30am to 12pm
• Friday 7 April: Chaddlewood Shopping Centre 1pm to 4pm.
• Monday 10 April: Asda, Estover, 9.30am to 12pm and 1pm to 4pm.