There are still some places left on the Summer Mix activity programme so there is no excuse for being bored this summer.
From experiencing a working farm for the day to jewellery making, football and archery, there really is something for everyone in this year’s Summer Mix programme.
Plymouth City Council’s Community Connections Youth Team has organised and funded hundreds of free activities for young people in Plymouth to liven up the school summer holidays.
You can sign up if you’re aged 11 to 19 years, or up to 25 if you have a disability, and all activities are free (except Friday youth evenings at Plymouth Life Centre which are £3.35 per session).
Councillor Terri Beer, Cabinet Member for Children and Young People for Plymouth City Council, said: “It’s great to have Summer Mix back again this year and there are still places left on some of the activities but hurry as time is running out.
“We’ve worked with lots of local community organisations to help provide these activities for our young people – so there’s no excuse to be bored over the summer!”
There are still places left on the following Summer Mix activities between Monday 31 July and Friday 25 August 2017:
- Jewellery making
- Poole Farm ‘Experience Day’
- Plymouth Argyle Girls Football
- Mixed Sports Day
- Boxing Fit
…and much, much more.
Booking is on a first come, first served basis. For more information and a full brochure, visit www.plymouth.gov.uk/summermix
Monday to Friday, from 1pm to 6pm, you can book via one of these youth centres:
- Efford Youth Centre, Blandford Road, Efford, PL3 6HU. Call 01752 776853
- Estover Youth Centre (Torbridge Campus), 120 Miller Way, Estover, Plymouth, PL6 8UN. Call 01752 398298.
- Honicknowle Youth Centre, Honicknowle Lane, Plymouth, PL5 3PX. Call 01752 705297.
- Southway Youth Centre, Hendwell Close, Southway, Plymouth, PL6 5TB. Call 01752 775968.