Fit and Fed, the great holiday activity and food programme, is running in Plymouth this summer holiday to support families with children who receive free school meals.
Organisations across the city are supporting the programme, giving children the chance to take up activities at Plymouth Albion RFC, Plymouth Raiders and the Life Centre, to name a few.
Councillor Pete Smith, Deputy Leader of Plymouth City Council, said: “Fit and Fed provides a safe and fun environment for children to experience a wide range of amazing activities including arts and crafts, sports and dance. Every child also receives a healthy nutritional meal or packed lunch each day.
“We are pleased to be able to provide the programme thanks to funding secured by the Council from the Department for Education. We were one of just 11 national projects awarded a grant to coordinate free holiday activities and healthy food for disadvantaged children this summer and the only successful bid in the south west.
“I hope to see lots of children joining us and enjoying a happy, healthy holiday at one of our Fit and Fed clubs this summer.”
There are over 45 free clubs taking place across the city, however spaces have already started booking up. The following clubs still have spaces available; check eligibility and book now at www.plymouth.gov.uk/fitandfed
- Brickfields Sports Centre (8-11 year olds)
- City College (8-16 year olds)
- Efford Youth Centre (10-18 year olds)
- Talk Tastic, Eggbuckland School (11-18 year olds) PM session
- Estover Youth Centre (11-19 year olds)
- Exim Dance, Plymouth Creative School of Arts
- Proactive Sports Coaching, Plymouth Creative School of Arts PM (9-14 year olds)
- Plymouth Raiders 83 Foundation, Marjon Sport and Health Centre (8-11 year olds)
- Marine Academy Plymouth (6-10 years old)
- High 5 Sports, Lipson Cooperative Academy (8-12 year olds)
- Honicknowle Youth Centre (10-19 year olds)
- Hamoaze House (12-16 year olds)
- Plympton Library (8-12 year olds)
- Plymstock Library (7-11 year olds)
- Sports Development Unit, Tor Bridge High (8-12 year olds)
- District Sports, Plaistow Infants and Nursery School (5-8 year olds)
- Plymouth Albion RFC (15-18 year olds)
- Youth Services Outreach programme (meeting at the Life Centre) (11-18 year olds)