More roadshows are being held throughout May to help local people in Plymouth find out about the changes to bin collections that have come into effect, and answer questions about recycling and waste.
As of Monday 8 May, Plymouth has moved to alternate weekly collections with recyclables – in the green bins and bags – collected one week and the following week non-recyclable waste – in brown bins and bags – collected. The roadshows give people the chance to find out about the changes as well as more general hints and tips about recycling, food waste and composting.
The next phase of roadshows are as follows:
- Wednesday 10 May: Sainsbury’s, Marsh Mills, 4pm to 7pm
- Friday 12 May: Plymstock Broadway shops, between the children’s playground and Costa Coffee, 9.30am to 12pm and 1pm to 4pm
- Tuesday 16 May: Plympton Ridgeway shops, in the walkway to the car park by Iceland 1pm to 4pm
- Friday 19 May: Asda, Estover, 12pm to 5pm
- Wednesday 24 May: Aldi, Mutley, 9.30am to 12pm
- Wednesday 24 May: Aldi, Stonehouse, 1pm to 4pm.
Councillor Michael Leaves, Cabinet Member for Street Scene and the Environment for Plymouth City Council, said: “We have already held a number of roadshows across the city, but now that the new alternate weekly bin collections service is up and running we know that many of you will have questions.
“Hundreds of people have attended our first few roadshows and asked us a wide range of questions.
“The roadshows are on a drop-in basis at different venues around the city and are open to everyone, so please do pop in to your local one.
“We are making changes to increase recycling rates and run a smoother and more efficient, cost effective service for local residents. The alternate weekly collections system has already been running successfully in a number of other cities across the UK for many years.”
If you have any questions about the changes to your bin and bag collections in Plymouth please check out our Frequently Asked Questions web page in the first instance.